Many said that 2010 has been a great year for me because it seems i was more lucky and had became more of a household name in indian wedding photography industry, both locally and international. But i would say its because of the seed that i planted 2 years ago and the nurture of it had brought the fruitful year of 2010. The seed, my passion for photography ; the nurture is the continuous effort on making myself a better photographer in this industry.
Of course my hard work alone doesn’t pay it off to be who am i today, there is an old saying says we need two hands to clap in order to hear noise. But in my case because of the thousands pairs of hands and the claps for my work, i am here today as who i am. Hence my biggest thanks would go to my valued client who eventually became good friends, fellow PoserGraphers who shoot along with me, dearest family and lovely friends (both real and virtual i.e. facebook, twitter and also other social network platform).
A quick recap of 2010:
- - The year started pretty well as i got my 1st northern region wedding assignment and it was a blast and then upgraded the gears and some lighting systems followed by my website upgrade from pure blog to a more interactive photography website .
- - Shot a couple of celebrity profile shoots for the Astro 360 degrees documentary program’s host, and 2 of the upcoming local band/rappers, the Urban Unity and the Thugface Crew.
- - Profile shoot for the international sitar maestro, Samuel J Dass and the photos were the one featured on his latest album, Moments which is available in all the major music stores.
- - The official photographer for Vision of Forever and Alarippu to Moksha, Malaysia’s most prominent Indian Classical Dance performance by the Sutra Dance Theater.
- - Also the official photographer for the World Bachata Festival 2010 held in Kuala Lumpur.
- - Shot a Conceptual Trash the dress pre-wedding photograph with the 5 elements theme name Panchabootha. It was said that its the 1st Indian trash the dress conceptual photo shoot.
- - Got hired to shoot my 1st International Conceptual Pre-wedding shoot in Singapore, l’amour la nuit and you may view the work here. This was the shoot where PicVid concept was introduced by V.I.P Studio.
- - Things got even better when I was hired to have a full coverage of an Indian wedding back in Chennai, India!! I was accompanied by 2 fellow photographers, suren and magen to deliver the best to client.
- - To wrap up the year with some glory, I was hired all the way to LONDON to have full coverage of the British Indian wedding ceremony including the R.O.M, the Mehndi Night and Ponnurukku (gold melting ceremony) and the Pre-Wedding with the PicVid concept with the London Love story theme and also the Grand Ceylonese Wedding.
I might have missed out some of the achievement / accreditation things that i’ve done for the past years, and to many who may think its not even a matter to be mention or nothing to be shout about, thanks for thinking such way, you know you’ve been in my place to be the prominent who you are today. Being a photographer, our main nature is to sell our self (literally our work) as I believe if I don’t make some noise then i’m afraid I wont be heard at all. So why bother being “proud”, when yes I do feel a lil proud from what I’ve got collected by looking back from the past 2 years of my photography career.
Last but not least, Happy new year to all and to wrap up this blog post, I would like to give in some promo for my loyal clients and friends. Please check below poster for further detail.
For further detail, please contact me at +6016-2120104 or fill up the <contact> from www.vickneswaran.com and i shall get back to you at the soonest.Capture your life with lights, vicknes